What is owner finance
What is owner finance
Owner finance is a type of finance that deals with how personal goods or properties are being used to generate more profit. In this case, there is an owner of a property that sells or decides to rent it out or lease out as the case may be. There are many cases of what is owner finance and there many properties that can be rented out or leased to make money. An example is when a car owner has decided to do owner finance by leasing out the car he bought at the rate of $700000 at $45,000 monthly.
Get all your queries resolved on is owner financing safe in the next section with all specified points about pros and cons of owner financing across the market place.
READ: What is corporate finance
If he should continue this for a year or six months, at the end, he would have $540,000 or $270,000 respectively and also his car which he could also lease out again. Another example is when a land owner lease his land out to an individual. The owner of the land had bought the land $40,000 but lease it out yearly at $38,000. He can do this for six years as the value of land do not get depreciated on time.
Is owner Financing safe
- The owner can easily command a high sale for the property at any time without considering the pocket or the worth of who want to buy the property. Since the people the owner want to rent or sell the property to could not get loan from the bank, he could easily raise the price of the property. What is Owner finance and what how they provide the benefit for the owner to do as he wishes with his property which can makes him to decide to sell above the market rate to buyers that need urgently. These queries will be answered in the third section.
READ: What does Financing mean
- They can decide to take interest on the property rented out in the name of owner finance. The owner charges the interest of his choice that he knows would benefit him and would be okay for him to finance in other businesses. A lorry owner can sell his lorry out to an individual on loan and provide the statement that the buyer would pay 10% extra on the lorry. If the lorry owner buys the lorry at the rate of $760,000, he can sell it out again to another buyer on loan telling him to pay $836,000 at the end of the month. The seller can decide to collect extra interest if the buyer is unable to pay at the end of the month, this is the pros and cons of owner financing has given owner of properties.
- They can decide to charge more interest than the banks. Since there will not be collateral given to them as the case of bank, they can usually decide to charge higher interest rates from you.
Pros and cons of owner financing
- There is always access to lending which is not always readily available from where the particular property is being bout from. There are lots of people who buy property for the purpose of lending them out to people who cannot buy it. The purpose for this is to get profit and generate money for themselves.
- There is chance of proving to the lender that they can pay for the loan. The buyer has the opportunity to prove himself worthy of paying for the loan by showing the lender the previous transactions he had in the past and he had paid for them.
READ: How to finance a car
- Buyers can get capital from the borrowed property. An example is the case of a man that borrowed a car and use it for taxi. If he had to be paying a particular amount of money in a month, he can take the vehicle to place where the charges for taxi is very high and use the vehicle as taxi. He can get capital from this and invest in his own business by buying a car too. Although this would not be easy but it would require diligent.
Is owner financing a good idea
READ: What is public finance
A term uses to describe the situation where a seller has loan with another lender and selling or renting the property out to another lender is called property wrap. A seller can lend the property with promise of paying a particular amount of money at the end of the month but ended up giving the property for another lender. An example is when a car worth $1M was bought by a seller with promise of paying $50,000 monthly can give the vehicle to another borrower to pay $65,000 monthly. The buyer use the opportunity to pay for the goods and at the same time gets his own profit.
Keywords: What is owner finance